On 24 October 2011 02:07, jagadishan perumal <jagadish...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When he tries to allocate a member within the dataset :
> TPUN011.NEWMAPST(map), he gets a message as "BLDL error" I tried searching
> some error related to PDF as starting with ISRxxxx but I was not able to
> fetch any error codes relating to "BLDL" Error in the syslog.

Sigh... The cause has been pointed out by a number of others, but
still, you really need to be more precise in describing problems.
While enough people on this list enjoy the thrill of the chase, so to
speak, that you got your answer based on what little you provided, you
could certainly have solved this yourself quite easily. For that
matter your application programmer could have solved it himself.

What was the actual error message you got, and what produced it? Text
"BLDL error" sounds a lot like an ISPF report, but in that case
hitting PF1 would produce the actual return code, and that can be
looked up.

> IBM manual has various explanation for BLDL or I/O processing error, but for
> the above I am unable to pin-point the exact cause.

If you will post all and exactly the messages you got, where they
appeared, and what you did to produce them, I am almost 100% certain
that the IBM manuals will have the one correct explanation.

Tony H.