hello together,
I have a strange problem and maybe someone had the same and had a solution for
this....
we got new terminals with bigger sizes and now the users wants to use the "new"
PCOM-size of 62x160 which is supported I think since PCOM6.0. So a user logon
to TSO with the "variable" logmode D4C32XX3. In ISPF you can see that it uses
62x160 (SDSF LOG) and TSO also uses 62x160 (also SDSF LOG). Now we have some
ISPF-applications having problems with this logmode. The panels are not defined
to ISPPLIB and look like "hardcoded" in the application. The result is that the
panels are disrupted. The first line (80 bytes) of the panel is shown in line 1
- byte 1-80 and the second line of the panel is shown in line 1 - byte 81-160.
The result is that the panels look very stange.

Now I had the idea to use the TERMINAL-command and set the screensize to 43x80
for this application (first command in calling REXX). But unfortunately the
result is the same. I can see that TSO has switched its size but the panels of
the application are still disrupted. The problem now is what are this very old
applications doing? Do we have sourcecode? We have no answer .. we only have
that problem :-(

Then I tried to call SDSF in READY-mode of TSO after I had changed the
screensize to 43x80. The result is the same. The panel is disrupted and look
like the problem we have with our applications. I can ask IBM (pmr) but I new
the answer: "why are we doing that" and "this is not supported". But I only
want to help the users to use 62x160 for ISPF and maybe 43x80 when using TSO.

To make it complete confusing ... it you change SCRSIZE to 24x80 all looks fine
... only with 32x80, 43x80 and 27x132 and SDSF called in READY-mode you have
that problem (and also with our own application).

Is there anyone who had the same problem in the past and got a solution?

TNX Juergen