In <2925062076757125.wa.juergen.kellerdeutscheboerse....@bama.ua.edu>,
on 11/04/2011
   at 08:53 AM, Juergen Keller <juergen.kel...@deutsche-boerse.com>
said:

>I have a strange problem and maybe someone had the same and had
>a solution for this.... we got new terminals with bigger sizes
>and now the users wants to use the "new" PCOM-size of 62x160 which
>is supported I think since PCOM6.0.

Does PCOMM allow you to configure it as 3290 (i.e., explicit
partitions)? If so, and if the application uses the ISPF Dialog
Manager, then you can use VSPLIT before running the application and
let it run in an 80-wide window.

>Now I had the idea to use the TERMINAL-command and set the
>screensize to 43x80 for this application

TERMINAL doesn't *change* the screen geometry; it tells the software
what geometry to assume. What ahh[ens if you set the screen width to
160?

>The problem now is what are this very old applications doing?

Among other things, probably using 12-bit addresses, which won't work
with a large screen.