At 15:00 -0500 on 11/04/2011, McKown, John wrote about Re: units (was: Out damn'd GMT ...):

My stomach strength is measured in fig newtons!

Jokingly dating myself. I remember a short time period when Fig Newtons were a contraband item (all you could legally buy was a knock-off from the manufacturer called Fruit Newtons) as were Red M&Ms (but not at the same time). There was a thriving cross border trade in Red M&Ms - Mars Canada sold bags of Red M&Ms which were available in the Canadian Side of the US/Canada border for "smuggling" back into the US.

And then there were the Bicycle Brand 52 card decks containing only Ace of Spades which were officially printed for use in the US Military.