Ted MacNEIL wrote:
A RS/6000 is not a mainframe.

Are we sure about that anymore?
-teD
Me? A skeptic? I trust you have proof!

Well, that depends on how you define "mainframe." When I go to IBM's Web site and click on mainframes, I don't see any RS/6000's. However, some of the higher end pSeries are designed just about like a mainframe.

If we include pSeries servers as mainframes, I guess that some of the iSeries are also, I bleive that the pSeries 595 and iSeries 595 are the same box, one by default with AIX and one with OS/400, both able to run Linux.