Chris,

Thanks for those interesting links.  I had not realized that the z/OS Comm.
Server implemented some form of VMCF and IUCV.

The small amount of RTFM I just did based on your links seems to indicate that
the Comm. Server SMSG command is only supported to communicate with SMTP and
LPD.  Is there any chance that there is a z/OS equivalent of these z/VM
commands for the general (non-authorized) user?

>From userid1:

SMSG userid2 'message text'

And in userid2, waiting for a message from SMSG from any other user:

WAKEUP (SMSG

Or any equivalent inter-user communications commands of course.  I'm not
expecting on an *exact* equivalent of the z/VM facilities, just an equal
capability for short message sending and reception invokable as commands by
regular non-authorized TSO users.

TIA for any enlightenment you can provide.

Peter

attachments from your system.