In <bay145-w34c3bd113119c27fccbafca3...@phx.gbl>, on 01/01/2012
   at 01:29 PM, J R <jayare...@hotmail.com> said:

>I think he means that the correct designation for a 1920x1080 TV is
>1080p or 1080i.

No, actually I meant 1200p, for a 1920x1200 monitor; they say that the
mind is the second[1] thing to go. And, yes, I know that some of you
have better than that, but I'd be jealous if you told me ;-)

>Since HD TVs generally have an aspect ratio of 16:9, 1080 rows will
>require 1920 columns (pixels, that is).

Indeed, but why limit computer monitors to what the TV's have? :-(

BTW, when I got my 24" panel I was shocked to realize that it weighed
less than the systems unit and far less than the 20" CRT it replaced.
I suppose that in 5 years I'll find this panel to be both too heavy
and too small.

[1] I can't remember the first.