Russ,

You sure you want to do that? Export/Copy leaves the virtual volume in the library, and it can still be accessed. If you drive EJC, that volume will be exported. I agree with you that Export/Copy is a cluster f of the first order, but updating ACTVOL and driving EJC for these volumes isn't correct.

Tom

On 12/31/2011 12:59 AM, Russell Witt wrote:
David,

We have recently added an enhancement to the CTSSYNC to add support for
EXPORT/Copy (EXPORT/Move was already supported). Have Tim call CA-1 support
for the latest APAR for CTSSYNC. It will eliminate having to code the
CBRSPLCS utility yourself. Also, we have a new utility that will read the
EXPORT/Copy status-file and drive the CBRUXEJC exit for each virtual-volume
being EXPORT'ed as if it has been an EXPORT/Move (not sure why IBM didn't
drive the CBRUXEJC exit for the EXPORT/Copy, even adding a new indicator to
show that it is a copy versus move would have been helpful). That will allow
CA-1 and TLMS to track which physical volume the virtual-volume has been
stacked on outside of the robot.

Russell Witt
L2 Support Manager

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf
Of Mueller, David
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2011 3:37 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: IBM TS7740 Copy/Export process

Tim Hare, one of my co-workers, has asked me to post this:

"We are implementing an IBM TS7740, and are wondering if anyone (especially
connected to SHARE and/or the CBT "tape") knows of sharable code to help
automate the Copy/Export process.  We've implemented the CBRSPLCS utility
before, which can be used to issue the export and eject commands necessary,
but if there's other existing code, or even documentation (we do have the
Redbooks thanks),  which covers some of the non-obvious pitfalls, it would
be helpful".

David Mueller | Systems Programmer
SSRC (Southwood Shared Resource Center)
2002 Old St. Augustine, Bldg C, cubicle W-67
Mail:     2585 Shumard Oak Blvd, Tallahassee, FL, 32399
Phone: 850-414-9134 || Fax: 850-488-3600
E-mail: david.muel...@ssrc.myflorida.com
Please Note: Florida has a very broad public records law. Most written
communications to or from state officials regarding state business are
public records available to the public and media upon request. Your e-mail
communications may therefore be subject to public disclosure.

to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN