On 1/9/2012 3:30 PM, Tim Hare wrote:
I am reading and posting via the web interface, so I don't always see the messages
"real time".

I am trying to find my way with this Copy/Export business.

It doesn't seem as though modifying virtual volumes to indicate anything makes
sense, but I'm reserving judgement on that.

I can see driving EJC for ejection of the physical volumes which are being
exported, and possibly also either vaulting or some sort of update of the
out-of-area status of a physical tape but I'm not as certain about that for
virtual tapes.

Another question I have is just how important is knowing the
virtual-to-exported-physical mapping in a TS7740 environment?  It's not like I
can recover individual virtual volumes (that I know of) - at DR, I have to
recover the TS7740 from zero, and recover it all, right?

Tim,

Russ and I talked offline, and he's driving the CA-1 EJC exit, not the IBM EJC exit. This just allows CA-1 to update its information, and does not change any TCDB or LM information. For me, the only reason to know the virtual volume mapping is to determine whether copy export is working correctly.

Regards,
Tom Conley