>Maybe you can explain what MQ and broker issues you have and why you
>think this is related to paging and/or the page configuration.
I agree with Kees. What exactly is your 'issue' with 'the broker'? (Assuming
that MQS is just the innocent bystander here.)

>I know the broker uses a lot of virtual storage, which indeed requires
>additional paging space, so the first check you can do is check how full
>your paging configuration is.

'The broker' uses a lot of shared storage (SHRLIBRGNSIZE), and it has a bad
habit of polling for work (i.e., in all those numbered address spaces' timers
pop at the same time), generating artificial 'loads' that WLM cannot keep up
with. In our production environment 'the brokers' generally have a PI in the
double digits (yes, double digit PI, sometimes up to triple digits - a bad
clicker application NOT designed for resource sharing, i.e. z/OS). From what I
understand, in the newest release they also 'require' a lot of 64bit storage,
possibly due to some sort of websphere application server hidden in there (but
I may be wrong on this).
I also have the sneaking suspicion (which I am currently also investigating)
that 'the broker' goes out and gets itself a lot of (virtual) storage, touches
each and every of those pages and then never uses them. Which means they become
slots out on AUX, or rather, they become dead weight. What's a few more Gig of
storage to a clicker, anyway?

If your issue is 'only' paging, then do a D ASM and add local page space until
% usage is way below 30%.  Make sure that you have your PAGTOTL in ieasys
sufficiently high, as that can only be changed via IPL.

Barbara