<opinion type="personal">
HFS, as best as I can tell, is still needed for your "root" filesystem.
If you're not really using UNIX, then you don't need anything else, so
in that case, I'd use HFS. But enabling zFS is very simple and costs
very little. So, if it were me, I'd make all my non-root filesystems
zFS. It is more reliable than HFS. All new facilities will be added to
zFS. And you'll be kewl!
</opinion>

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.