Mark Zelden wrote:

It is more reliable than HFS.

I think the jury is out on that one still. Until there is more usage
and acceptance, at this point I'm not sure how much I trust zFS so I
only have limited use (there have been problems but I think z/OS 1.7
made some RAS improvements). Not all that much different than PDSE was
in the not so distant past (even though PDSE has been around since
MVS/ESA).  HFS may still be more stable/reliable for mission critical
applications at this point even though there are no improvements
planned.

Anyone care to comment on personal experiences (good or bad)?

Our file server resides on z/OS and uses zFS file systems. zFS has been very fast (much faster than HFS) and reliable, but somewhat lacking in functionality. I believe z/OS 1.7 eliminates most of the restrictions.

All new facilities will be added to zFS.

Fact, not opinion.  :-)

HFS is stabilized.

| Edward E. Jaffe                |                                |
| Mgr, Research & Development    | [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |
| Phoenix Software International | Tel: (310) 338-0400 x318       |
| 5200 W Century Blvd, Suite 800 | Fax: (310) 338-0801            |
| Los Angeles, CA 90045          | http://www.phoenixsoftware.com |