On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 16:09:50 -0500, Joe Aulph wrote:

>Maybe it's just the biggot'd Assembler flake within but wouldn't this
>be much simpler with the COBOL program simply calling an DYNALLOC
>routine in Assembler...  no authorization needed at all for this.

I had wondered about that, from when the OP first mentioned APF.
I had never encountered an authorization requirement for allocation.

A bigoted assembler detractor would suggest BPXWDYN.  It depends
on whether one would prefer to construct an ugly collection of TUs
or one ugly command string.

-- gil