Greg Shirey wrote:

<begin extract>
I get your drift, but have to disagree, respectfully.  This is a
discussion group, not a technical support service.  IMO, there are no
customers here.
</end extract>

I think Bill Fairchild would agree that an occasional thread here
takes the form of a discussion between people who are, to a first
approximation anyway, equally experienced and informed.

These discussions are agreeable and helpful.  They are not, however,
the norm; and it would be disingenuous to maintain that they are
(because we should like them to be).

Most of us, most of the time, are either askers or answerers of
questions, with only very occasional role reversals; and this portion
of what we do here is better modelled using Bill's terminology than
Greg's.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA