On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 10:24:54 -0400, Mark Brooks <mabr...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>       The XCF signalling services are available in all sysplex
>environments, including monoplex.  The rationale that motivates the
>defining of transport classes applies to them all.
>
>Mark A. Brooks
>z/OS Sysplex design and development
>845-435-5149   T/L 8-295-5149
>Poughkeepsie, NY
>mabr...@us.ibm.com

Really?  You're the expert, so I'll go with that.  :-)    The transport classes
was just
one example of an (old) check I thought didn't apply to a monoplex.    I see by
removing my generic delete there are other XCF checks intelligently disabled.
I take back my rant from your component.  :-)

Can you provide a little more detail though? Just for local messages - correct?

Here is a sample from one of my monoplex systems:

D XCF,CD,CLASS=ALL
IXC344I  11.21.48  DISPLAY XCF 731
   TRANSPORT     CLASS        DEFAULT     ASSIGNED
   CLASS         LENGTH       MAXMSG      GROUPS
   DEFAULT         956          2000      UNDESIG

DEFAULT TRANSPORT CLASS USAGE FOR SYSTEM xxxx
SUM MAXMSG:       2000    IN USE:          2  NOBUFF:          0
  SEND CNT:     324666  BUFFLEN (FIT):   956
  SEND CNT:       7268  BUFFLEN (BIG):  4028

So I should tune for those 2%?

Regards,

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com