From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Pommier, Rex R.
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2012 8:28 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: manual tape library question

All,

We just moved our mainframe to an LPAR on a different mainframe with completely
different hardware.  As part of the migration, I had to build a second manual
tape library with different characteristics than the one I was using locally.
My "old" library did not make the trip and now I need to remove the tapes and
library from the configuration at the new site.  My question is how do I remove
the tapes from the now non-existent tape library?

When I try to do a "library eject" command, I get an error saying the library
cannot eject the tape:

IEFC165I // LI E,100097,P 462
CBR1202I EJECT rejected.  Library F1256 cannot eject volume 100095.
LI E,100097,P
CBR1920I E not scheduled.  Command scheduling error.

The response of CBR1202I is to bring the library back online and try again.  I
can't do that because the library doesn't exist.

I can't move the tapes out of the MTL that doesn't exist either.

A last-ditch thought is to delete the entries out of the OAM tape catalog.
Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Thanks.

Rex

BTW, does anybody want to buy a z9-bc or a ts3400 tape library?  :-)

The information contained in this e-mail may contain confidential and/or
privileged information and is intended for the sole use of the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited and that you will be held responsible for any such
unauthorized activity, including liability for any resulting damages. As
appropriate, such incident(s) may also be reported to law enforcement. If you
received this e-mail in error, please reply to sender and destroy or delete the
message and any attachments. Thank you.