From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Darth Keller
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2012 11:34 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: manual tape library question

>> Thanks for the response, but unfortunately that won't work.  The VOLCAT
actually has 2 MTLs in it, one that is active and the one I can't get >>
rid of.

How are your VOLCAT's set up?   Do you have separate ranges for the old &
the new libraries?  If you do, I'd think you could delete the volcat's for
the old library & then use ISMF to delete the library itself.  Clean-up of
your tape management system would be a separate task.  IIRC, the library
definitions are in the VOLCAT VGENERAL, not the VOLCAT's for the tapes.

If you're using the same ranges for both libraries, I think you might be
stuck deleting the entries for the old library's tapes as you were
thinking before.

ddk

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may
contain legally privileged and/or confidential information intended
solely for the use of the addressee(s). If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, forwarding or
other use of this message or its attachments is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete this message and all
copies and backups thereof. Thank you.

The information contained in this e-mail may contain confidential and/or
privileged information and is intended for the sole use of the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited and that you will be held responsible for any such
unauthorized activity, including liability for any resulting damages. As
appropriate, such incident(s) may also be reported to law enforcement. If you
received this e-mail in error, please reply to sender and destroy or delete the
message and any attachments. Thank you.