From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
McKown, John
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2012 2:03 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Accessing USS on Mainframe thru Telnet

Well, possibly to the relief of all, I will hencefore ignore any and all posts
to this forum which include the letters USS which do not also explicitly say
UNIX or VTAM. I'm simply to old and tired to bother any more. In this
particular thread, I will agree that USS could be confusing since "telnet"
could refer to either accessing a z/OS UNIX shell prompt via "historic" telnet,
or to accessing an LU2 VTAM application via TN3270E which is also a special
encoded 3270 data stream using the telnet protocol.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)

(817) 255-3225 phone *

The information contained in this e-mail may contain confidential and/or
privileged information and is intended for the sole use of the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited and that you will be held responsible for any such
unauthorized activity, including liability for any resulting damages. As
appropriate, such incident(s) may also be reported to law enforcement. If you
received this e-mail in error, please reply to sender and destroy or delete the
message and any attachments. Thank you.