It's hard for me to imagine the navy allowing itself to get into a situation where the operation of the ship's main engines and steering would be completely
subject to some PC, or number of PC's on a network within the ship.
I put just shy of 3yrs. in an engine room aboard a navy ship, back in the 1960's. The ship had redundancy built into practically every piece of equipment that was needed to maintain steerage, even down to manual pumps to pump hydraulic fluid thru the steering gear. If you are dead in the water, you are a sitting duck. They just don't build 'em like that. They may have waited some period of time before going to manual systems to get underway, but I doubt seriously if
a network crash would would have prevented complete movement.

    --Dave