On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 17:19:25 -0400 Micheal Butz <michealb...@optonline.net>
wrote:

:>Was wondering If someone could clear up some things for me

:>A S0C4 reason code 4 means the storage key and the PSW key don't match
:>typically trying to access storage key 0 when the PSW key is key 8

Usually update, but on occasion fetch.

:>Two questions arise from this

:>.         Does it matter what the PSW key at the time of the STORAGE OBTAIN
:>was e.g.

:>1.       Obtaining storage from subpool 0 where the storage key is 8 and PSW
:>key at the time for what ever reason was in KEY 0.

What does "Obtaining storage from subpool 0 where the storage key is 8" mean?
TCB key?

:> Would I have to set the PSW Key to 0 if I were trying to access that
:>storage later on say while running in some other task because when I did the
:>STORAGE OBTAIN the PSW KEY 8 - 11 was 0

SP=0 when Supervisor/key=0 is special in that it is converted to subpool 252
which is in key 0.

:>2.       The same situation would be then true if access CSA storage subpool
:>241 with Key=8 ( Iknow a no no) but the PSW KEY was 0. Later on when trying
:>to access/modify the storage would I have to set PSW key 8 - 11 have to be 0

:>.         Of what significance does is the key the TCB (TCBPKF) since it
:>seems only PSW KEY 8 - 11 and the key the page of the storage is seems to be
:>relevant

Look at the "Selecting the Right Subpool for Your Virtual Storage Request"
section  in "MVS Programming: Authorized Assembler Services Guide"

http://www.dissensoftware.com