On 23 April 2012 17:01, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.)
<shmuel+ibm-m...@patriot.net> wrote:
> on 04/20/2012 at 06:54 PM, Tony Harminc <t...@harminc.net> said:
>
>>There are other possible reasons for an 0C4-04 abend, but 0C4-04 is
>>always a protection exception of some sort.
>
> I wouldn't call invalid page and invalid segment protection
> exceptions. In fact, invalid page normally causes a pagein rather than
> an ABEND S0C4.

Neither would I, nor did I. However exceptions that occur because of
low storage or page protection are certainly protection exceptions,
and typically lead to an Abend S0C4-04. An unresolved page or segment
translation exception eventually turns into a S0C4-11 or 10.

Almost certainly, though, these are not the problem with the OP's program.

Tony H.