In <002101cd1f3b$43f7b090$cbe711b0$@net>, on 04/20/2012
   at 05:19 PM, Micheal Butz <michealb...@optonline.net> said:

>A S0C4 reason code 4 means the storage key and the PSW key don't
>match

Only if you're still running OS/360; otherwise 0C4 is seriously
overloaded.

>Does it matter what the PSW key at the time of the STORAGE OBTAIN
>was

How would the processor know?

>Of what significance does is the key the TCB (TCBPKF)

>From the perspective of the processor, none. All that is
significant[1] to the processor is the opcode, the PSW key, the
storage key, the translation tables, the control registers and the
storage address.

[1] For indicating a Program interrupt[1] that z/OS will reflect
    as an ABEND s0C4.

[2] Not necessarily IC 4.