In <4f96b993.2020...@phoenixsoftware.com>, on 04/24/2012
   at 07:32 AM, Jim Phoenix <jimphoe...@phoenixsoftware.com> said:

>Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) wrote:
>> IBM maintains a list of official acronyms and Unix system Services is not in
>> that list.
>OpenEdition MVS
>See UNIX System Services.
><http://www-01.ibm.com/software/globalization/terminology/u.html#x2182787>

There's no USS listed there:

 UNIX System Services
 An element of z/OS that creates a UNIX environment that conforms
 to XPG4 UNIX 1995 specifications and that provides two open-system
 interfaces on the z/OS operating system: an application programming
 interface (API) and an interactive shell interface.

Wouldn't it make more sense to look under USS, where I see only:

 USS
 See unformatted system service.