tyvm, John, Mark, Edward.

Mark,

Do I need an Enterprise Class z114 box or will a Business Class one suffice?

John,

A compelling reason for server consolidation on zBx as IBM pointed out in
their z Summit is that zMIPS GCPs are totally dedicated to regular workload
processing, no I/O - that is done by the channels, CHPIDs.

Whereas all other servers use the GCPs for both normal processing and I/O.
So all MIPS are not equal.

Since most commerical workloads are I/O, not CPU, bound this amounts to
substantial CPU savings.

Also, it is the IBM operating system architecture, FLIH, that enables this
to happen and there is no other server in the world that is configured
thus.

--
George Henke
(C) 845 401 5614