From:   Frank Yaeger <yae...@us.ibm.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Date:   05/08/2012 12:16 PM
Subject:        Re: Clearing installation options Was:  Confused on DFSORT
SORTWK
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

Skip Robinson wrote at IBM Mainframe Discussion List
<IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
wrote on 05/08/2012 10:55:02 AM:
> I'm pursuing conversion to PARMLIB from  ICEAMx usermod. Is it possible
> via ICEPRMxx to reset all options to IBM defaults? It appears from my
> testing that the 'clear' process (empty ICEPRMxx) only resets options to
> the combination of IBM+ICEAMx usermod. In order to get back to the IBM
> default starting point, do I have to redo ICEAMx first?

If you've made any changes with ICEMAC, then you'll either have to undo
them, or override them back to the defaults with ICEPRMxx.

For example, if you have the following via ICEMAC:

   ICEMAC JCL,RESALL=8000

and you want the shipped default of RESALL=4096, you can either
change ICEMAC back via:

   ICEMAC JCL

or override the RESALL value via ICEPRMxx

   JCL
     RESALL=4096

DFSORT will use any changed ICEMAC options that you don't
override with ICEPRMxx.

Does that answer your question?

Frank Yaeger - DFSORT Development Team (IBM) - yae...@us.ibm.com
Specialties: JOINKEYS, FINDREP, WHEN=GROUP, ICETOOL, Symbols, Migration