 From: Tony Harminc <t...@harminc.net>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 12:40 PM
Subject: Re: Rexx - calling assembler question

On 18 May 2012 12:25, Scott Ford <scott_j_f...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Tom:

Tom?

> Let me explain, sorry, I should have been more clear..
>
> The Rexx program or clist will call and Asembler module , the Assembler
> module in this case will do calls to
> the R_Radmin to perform extracts..output will go to a ddname once i get their
> with this code..
>
> My problem is passing for example a Class and Profile to the Assembler
> routine doing the call to RACF

If you stick to the TSO CALL command, you have only one text argument
you can pass. So if you have two variable length items to pass, you
will need delimiters of some sort, or you can reserve a fixed space
for each. Keep in mind that yuo have only 100 bytes available in such
an argument.

There are other ways of calling an assembler program from REXX that
allow you to pass multiple arguments, and even update them. Have a
look at LINKMVS and LINKPGM in the REXX Reference book.

Tony H.