Victor,

for z/OS 1.4 there is an USERMOD to zap the values. Check IBM.

To see who is filling SMF, check the records that have been recorded and later
written. The offender will probably have produced the most of the written
records before causing problems.

I cannot help you with the other problem.

Kees.

"Víctor de la Fuente" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:<[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>...
> Then I have another problem...we use z/OS 1.4!
> Nevertheless, we already thought about the problem you said. But our system
> is about 80% CPU, and we are used to be in 100%. I know there is no
> implication with cpu and smf writing, but I can suppose we had more smf
> writing per second a lot of times. The only possibility, I think, is any new
> program who is making SMF work hard. But I don't know how can we look for a
> program who "is writing" a lot of SMF data... :-(
>
> So, now we have two problems:
> - Dump file stays in CLOSE PENDING STATUS for a long time.
> - It looks like SMF is getting slow in writing records to dump file (because
> I'm almost sure there is no more writing than usual).
>
> Can they be two sympthoms of the same problem?
>
> Thank you very much all!
>
> 2006/1/17, Vernooy, C.P. - SPLXM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> > Yes, I have: the problem is with the in-storage SMF buffers, which are
> > filled more rapidly than SMF can write them out to the MAN datasets. See the
> > z/OS 1.6(+) version of System Messages for an explanation and a solution
> > to enlarge SMF buffers via SMFPRMxx.
> >
> > Kees.

e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM),
its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
any delay in receipt.