We have an external coupling facility that is only used about 2%.

We have four LPARs on an 890 with 3 shared general purpose engines and one
IFL for VM/Linux, so all engines accounted for.

We have been requested to create a production coupling facility LPAR that
will share the general purpose engines.
It will replace the external CF, thus saving money in maintenance, etc.
The plan is to give it a weight of 500 with a second 500 being split between
the other LPARs.
Dynamic dispatch will be set on for the CF LPAR.
The other business LPARs have MSU soft capping enabled, if that matters.

IBM documentation says do NOT set dynamic dispatch on with shared engines
(even IFLs) for a production coupling facility.

Has anyone else tried this and what was your success or failure in the attempt?

Thanks.