Kittendorf, Craig wrote:
Our network people and their hired consultant insist that we can not
have multiple IP address on one OSA.  The also refer to VIPA as "viper",
maybe because the consultant claimed we were creating "poisoned" routes.
Anyway we do have a VIPA and three OSA-E cards working perfectly.

I don't understand why 'you "should" be using lots of VIPA' with our one
stack?

Thanks,
   Craig

I wonder if they understand the concept of running 8 different stacks on one system and being able to stop and start them independently of each other.