We have shared dasd between our Prod & Test Lpars ever since we had Lpars over 10 years ago. I have never seen a problem. Now, most of the stuff that is shared is load libraries that are shared with the Test Lpar, rather than keeping 2 copies. All production data is only online normally on the Prod lpar.

Eric Bielefeld
P&H Mining Equipment (for a little while)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ted MacNEIL" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
To: <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2006 6:00 PM
Subject: Re: Share DASD and CA-MII

I have firmly believed, for over 15 years, if you are sharing DASD you need GRS.
If you are sharing across PLEX's, you need MIM (not MII anymore).

Period. End of statement.

Many management types believe they are saving $$.
Until the first time something breaks!

It's the data, stupid!

-
-teD

I’m an enthusiastic proselytiser of the universal panacea I believe in!