Rex,

If you followed the friendly rivalry of Tim and I you'll see that 3TB of
Mainframe disk is pretty small in today's form factors. All you need is
16x300GB spindles in RAID-6 config behind an NSC55 and you have your 3TB.

And as for Maint vs new price, well replacing old disk on this basis makes
the storage world go round. Set your price and see if HDS, IBM or EMC will
step up to the plate with 3TB and Shadowimage. You can also go to Sun and HP
if your company has a stronger relationship with them.

You can also carve 3TB out of an existing storage controller being used for
the Open Systems servers, which would be even cheaper again.

Ron