When you create/reformat the CFRM couple data set, there is no CFRM
policy. It must be (re)created from a driver system before the first DR
IPL. (You could kludge it with multiple IPLs of the DR system, but you
really don't want to go there.)

On the driver system, (re)create the CFRM policy you want to use--with the
DR CFs defined and included in all structure PREFLISTs--and explicitly
point to the new CFRM data set including DSN and VOL. Note: if you don't
include DSN and VOL, the policy will land in the CFRM couple data set of
the driver system; no good for the DR system. The new CFRM couple data set
will now contain only one policy--the one you just (re)created.

At the first IPL of the DR system, there will not be any active policy, so
you need to name it in the COUPLExx member of PARMLIB that you IPL with:

COUPLE
         SYSPLEX(xxx)
         PCOUPLE(x1)
         ACOUPLE(x2)
         CLEANUP(nn)
         INTERVAL(nn)
  -->    CFRMPOL(new-policy) /* CFRM POLICY TO ACTIVATE IF NONE FOUND */

The CFRMPOL parameter tells the system which policy to activate if there
is none already active at IPL. This is where you name the policy you
(re)created from the driver system above.

All other couple data sets, if mirrored, will contain the data they had
when mirroring was broken.

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company
SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
626-302-7535 Office
323-715-0595 Mobile
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> wrote on 03/15/2006
01:30:49 PM:

> I have a full test this weekend, so hopefully will have some of this
ironed
> out. I am going with a newly formatted CFRM dataset and retaining all
the
> other COUPLE datasets.
>
> If I use a new CFRM dataset, where is the CF policy information stored?
> was thinking it was stored in the XCF COUPLE dataset as how would z/OS
know
> how to format the CFRM dataset when coming up? I hope to come up in the
new
> environment and the structures are re-created in the new CF, but all
other
> COUPLE datasets are intact, e.g. DASD Logger files will retain their
state.

<snip>