Hi Victor,

This is probably the answer you have considered and rejected.

If you require field level security for this production data you need to
get that data moved out of sequential or VSAM files and into a DBMS like
DB2.  DB2 provides the granular security and encryption you require.
The time to develop and support the subsystem you are proposing even if
it is technically possible is going to be cost prohibitive to any
commercial concern.  Migration of the data to a DBMS will have benefits
well beyond providing the multilevel security access you require.

One useful reference:

Multilevel Security and DB2 Row-Level Security Revealed

        Best Regards,

                Sam Knutson, GEICO
                Performance and Availability Management
                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                (office)  301.986.3574

"Think big, act bold, start simple, grow fast..."