Although technically correct that Putty can not do 3270, if the original poster can ssh into a Linux machine with the x3270 suite installed, they can use c3270 to access their 3270 based hosts. c3270 is ncurses based and should work over a standard telnet/ssh connection.

Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) wrote:
In
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
on 03/23/2006