It was not intended as a "trick question".  Currently running z/OS 1.5
on a G5 machine, with upgrade to a z/Box scheduled *after* our next D/R
test.  Our D/R provider has informed us that they will be able to
furnish only a z/Box for our next D/R test; hence the question, given
the (apparent) capability of z/VM to define a pre-z/Box virtual machine.

Though it might be "nice" to recover to a 64-bit operating environment,
we perceive the purpose of the D/R test is to recover the existing
environment.  We currently intend to use the D/R technique to migrate to
the new z/Box when it gets installed here.

    -jc-