I did mention this at least a couple times at JES2 SHARE sessions. The good news is that there's a JES2 migration guide on the z/OS 1.7 DVD; the bad news is that it's for JES2 1.5. How useful! By the by, the JES2 1.7 Installation Exits book needs to be read with a salt shaker nearby, e.g. R11 at entry to exit 52 does not really point to the HCT...

http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/zos/installation/zos17_jes2_migration.html is the only salvation for us JES2 folk.

Bob

Edward E. Jaffe wrote:
Please join with me in complaining to IBM that there are no more migration guides for z/OS JES2 and JES3, beginning with z/OS 1.7. These _extremely useful_ books were "scrapped" because some "genius" erroneously believed that the "z/OS 1.7 Introduction and Release Guide" would provide equivalent information. See for yourselves, it doesn't even come close!

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/E0Z2A117/

AFAICT, all of that great JES2/JES3 migration information has been lost! And, at the worst possible time too! (Look how much JES2 exit rewrite is required due to the extensive JES2 infrastructure changes in z/OS 1.7 needed to support large data sets and TCP/IP over NJE! JES3 installations are lucky because no drastic JES3 rewrite was/is needed to support these features. But there will almost certainly come a time for them as well.)

The old migration books provided, not just a list of changes and new features, but guidelines and specific details on tolerating/exploiting them. They were an invaluable resource! We need them back!