On Mar 31, 2006, at 8:39 PM, Rugen, Len wrote:

I went to the Anaheim share, but since we are SO short handed, I went to the IMS sessions instead of the JES session. I can't be in two places.

I don't know where anyone would pick up the depth of knowledge in JES as the people that developed these exits had.

I may well take this "opprotunity" to be much less accomodating to outdated (local) standards as the prior code.

Len,

IBM is trying to say go to SHARE or else, IMO. This myopic (there is another term I could use) view is troubling IMO. I don't think SHARE is stupid enough to think they are monolithic enough so it can't be them. I really think its a little bit of both IBM and SHARE. Its like a ten foot tall gorilla saying do it my way or your way and I will squash you like a ant if you do it the other way.

There used to be freebie IBM 1/2 day classes that gave you the vital information. They were generally free, IIRC. The full day class was (IIRC) a nominal fee $90 or $100 IIRC. People should start asking for the classes. It is much easier, IMO to ask for $100 than $1500 (or more) for SHARE and travel. The budget watchers are less likely to bitch.

Ed