Thanks to all the responders so far. I am afraid I was given no information other than "MVS/SP 3.2.2" and "DFP 3.2". These products are licensed (and running on some old IBM hardware, which has yet to be identified) by a non-US company that we acquired. Migration is the goal; how we accomplish that is under investigation. My initial thoughts are that the applications need to be moved, rather than the entire MVS image.

Best,
BK Kosmach
412 433 1639

From: Tom Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Support for MVS/SP 3.2.2 on zSeries???
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 12:24:40 -0500

Steve,

The answer to his question was no.  I expanded on some issues he could
expect to find - some sooner, some later.  He also ought to expect issues
with error recovery (although I'm on a system that IS currently supported
and we found a very new issue with error recovery just last week... but the
difference is that we CAN expect to see a fix sometime relatively soon).

Your post didn't enlighten the user's original request either, it merely
took my answers to task.  I didn't make assumptions on his Y2K concerns,
nor did I make the leap of faith that "he has the license".  If he is
running his "MVS/SP 3.2.2" system now (which I doubt) then he is trying to
mix old (presumably cheap) software with newer, less expensive hardware...
I would expect some fallout to come from that combination.

Maybe the O.P. will explain his "MVS/SP 3.2.2" designation better.  Is is
really MVS/ESA 3.1.3 + DFP 3.2, or is it something different?

--
Tom Schmidt
Madison, WI