We are considering upgrading our DASD to IBM's DS6000.  Our current
environment is ESCON-attached RAMAC3.  Proposed is the DS6000 and an
upgrade to FICON.  (Host system is a z900)

Everything I've seen points to significantly better performance, higher
reliability and improved management.  However, I'd like to verify with
installations who are actually using the DS6000.  I'm particularly
interested in comments about performance, and any issues to watch for in
implementation.

Thanks in advance!

Ned Hedrick
Sr. Mgr., Systems Administration