On 4/6/2006 5:43 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
AFAIK  - JES2 suppresses the ICH messages.  You need to issue a JES2 command to
allow the messages to be seen.  Not sure what level of JES2 you are at, but
this command should work with all levels:

First, Mike's problem is not JES2-related (see my earlier message). But even if it were, JES2 (as far as I know) only suppresses the messages for the WRITER class that occur during printer selection.

For BLP checking, there is no RACF control in JES2. The BLP controls in JES2 are entirely via its parameter library or via JES2 commands. If the job is allowed to use BLP via the JES2 parms, then the job will eventually begin execution and then tape processing will make the RACF check to determine if the user is authorized to use BLP. As JES2 is not involved with that check, the JES2 $TDEBUG setting has no relevance, and IF that check were the problem you would see an ICH408I message.

On the other hand, if, by the JES2 parms the job is not allowed to use BLP, then the JCL request for BLP is simply changed to NL, and there is no RACF check and thus no ICH408I message.

        Walt Farrell, CISSP
        z/OS Security Design, IBM