"R.S." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> Ted MacNEIL wrote:
>
> >>Do you feel comfortable in all: WLM, DFS/SMB, sendmail, HSM, hardware,
> >>JES2, ICSF, CICS, RMM, ZFS,
> >
> > sysplex, to name a few ? I don't.
> >
> >>From the other hand I agree, it is good to aks proper question. It also
> >>requires some knowledge. Sometimes such preparation to ask the question
> > includes the answer.
> >
> > Yes, but.
> >
> > In this case, there was a message from the WLM.
> > If you don't know where to look up a message, then you have a big problem.
> >
> > There is messages & codes.
> > There is LOOKAT.
> > There is QUIKREF.
> >
> > IBM-Main should NOT be your first source for determining what a message
> > means!
>
> You're absolutely right. My comment was general, not related to the
> thread origin.
> BTW: Sometimes it is big help to enlight user that such thing like
> Messages and Codes exist. Folks experienced on other platforms usually
> have no idea that it is available. Been there seen that.

That is why I mentioned lack of training. After some basic training, you will
know what your basic tools are, a bit how to use them and where to find them
(paper, local bookserver, IBM site). Apparently this seems to be too expensive
for some employers these days...

Kees.

e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM),
its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
any delay in receipt.