On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, Ed Finnell wrote:

>So the exposure starts much younger and is continuous 'til they get to
>'higher ed'. Now who's gonna opt for JCL and TSO after they've
>been ICON'd and auto updated for a decade? The CS departments dropped ALC
>and COBOL at least 12 years in favor of C++, .html, and
>JAVA.

Not at a university I know of Ed!  C++ is a weedout class and not much
is taught after the first 2 classes. html is not taught, use FrontPage.
Not sure if JAVA is taught...if so, it's a 400 level course. MFC is
what is taught..soon to be replaced with .NET.  I'll try to find out
for sure what is really being taught.

Darren

Darren Evans-Young
Unix System Administrator