Dear list,
we recently implemented a basic Sysplex between our three z/OS 1.4 LPARs. I'm
focusing on the planned removal of a LPAR from the Sysplex. For this scope I
defined a SFM policy as easy as this:

DATA TYPE(SFM)
DEFINE POLICY NAME(RESET) CONNFAIL(NO) REPLACE(YES)
SYSTEM NAME(*)
   RESETTIME(20)

Once all STCs are down, JES2 too, Z EOD is issued, I then follow what the 'MVS
Setting up a Sysplex' says:

1. V XCF,my_LPAR,OFF
2. R xx,SYSNAME=my_LPAR
3. System Reset of my_LPAR from HMC  (SFM policy does the job nicely)
4. R xx,DOWN

The book states that ' Steps 3 and 4 can be automated using the SFM policy' .
I read the chapter more than once, the IBMMAIN archive too, but I can't see how
the SFM can automate the DOWN reply.
Am I missing anything in the SFM definitions, or can step 4. above be automated
only using msys for Operation/Netview or any
automation product of choice ?

Thanks and best regards

Walter Marguccio