Shmuel,

That is why I added the following explanation/excuse for PU T2.0 being
mentioned (and then explained away as being just the same as PU T2 in that
explanatory note):

<quote>

I suspect that PU T2.0 is mentioned because of the earlier rule that a node
always has a PU of the same type. Thus when the type 2 node became the type
2.0 node, the architects felt that they were obliged, very, very strictly -
as opposed to only very strictly :-) - to call the PU a type 2.0 PU quite
unnecessarily really since it requires that explanatory note in section 6.1.

</quote>

The "earlier rule" was the one you mentioned from "the original manuals".

Moreover there's no question that a pure type 2.1 node, that is, one not
containing SSCP-dependent resources, "pure" in the sense that it can quite
happily communicate with other type 2.1 nodes with nary an SSCP in sight,
does *not* contain a PU. Thus making the description of the node depend upon
the type of the PU it contains, as is implied by "... it is the PU that has
a type designation and that 'type i node' is an alias for 'PU_Ti node'"
obviously breaks down. In the new world where the "PU" entity is optional,
the type designation has to go with the "node" entity - and there's no need
to drag the type designation of the "PU" entity along with it when the type
designation of the "node" entity require sub-designations.

I hope that's clear; it doesn't need documentation, only logic.

Chris Mason