Eric,

PDS86 should run under MVS 3.8 and Herc if it is compiled with the #PDSGENH
member.  I believe there is a MVS 3.8 load module version on CBT file 135
called PDS8638.  Greg Price has reported that it runs OK in the Hercules
environment.

I think 8.6 was first on the CBT Updates page in the September 2005
timeframe and Sam Golob has written about it in the NaSPA Technical Support
magazine.

Regards,
John Kalinich
Computer Sciences Corp

             "Eric N.
             Bielefeld"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          To
             .RR.COM>                  IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
             Sent by: IBM                                               cc
             Mainframe
             Discussion List                                       Subject
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         Re: PDS 8.6 (Was: PDS Directory
             .EDU>                     Question)

             05/01/2006 08:56
             AM

             Please respond to
               IBM Mainframe
              Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   .EDU>

Hi John,

When did PDS 8.6 come out?  I don't remember seeing that, unless I've been
running it all along and forgot the number.  I can't go check anymore as
our
system is gone.  I remember downloading something several months ago and
just putting it in a steplib so I wouldn't have to make any system changes.

Maybe that was 8.6!

Does PDS 8.6 run under Hercules and MVS 3.8?  I seem to remember that there

was a version of PDS that ran under MVS 3.8.  I decided that I need to do
sometthing technical while being unemployed, so I plan to install Hercules
and MVS 3.8 on either my desktop or my laptop.  My laptop is in for
repairs,
so I'll ;probably be blessed with an almost empty harddrive when it comes
back, as they said the repair shop usually reloads the software that came
with the machine.

Eric Bielefeld
Sr. z/OS Systems Programmer
Milwaukee Wisconsin