>I know IBM does not generally publish numbers

I've never understood that!
We are trying to convince the world that the mainframe is not dead, and the
main company that requIres it to continue does nothing to help!

Tell us:

How many mainframes are out there!
Tell us how many companies/sites there are!
Convince others that it is a viable platform!
Get mainstream universities into the scholarship programme!

My alma mater (University of Waterloo) is not even in it.

IBM's support of the mainframe has been all lip service, sizzle and no steak!

We cannot continue this way!
IBM has to belly up to the bar and prove that they mean it!

-
-teD

O-KAY! BLUE! JAYS!
Let's PLAY! BALL!