Wayne Driscoll wrote:
Ed,
Like you, I also haven't seen a full time operator in about 7 years.  As I
recall from the last job were I worked with the operations staff, you really
can't automate the DDR SWAP messages because the tape currently on the "bad"
device will need to be mounted on the new device in order to be processed.
Like you, I would most likely reply no, let the job abend, then restart the
backup.  If it commonly occurs on the same device, it may be time for some
PM.

So you recommend I automate the reply to "NO"?

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc