Ed Gould wrote:
On May 12, 2006, at 10:48 AM, Mark Thomen wrote:
Let me say it again:  There is NO EXTENT CONSOLIDATION for non-VSAM data
sets.  Therefore, there is no reason to worry about them.  It is very
unlikely we will implement that feature for non-VSAM.

Mark,

IIRC FDR does it extremely efficiently. Help support OEM vendors:)

Ed

You haven't been paying attention, have you Eg?

What's being discussed here is not some sort of daily or hourly mass reorg. Rather, the discussion centers around real-time extent consolidation, performed by the access method itself, when a new, contiguous extent is added. FDR does not do that!

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc