Ted MacNEIL wrote:
should occur to someone that auditors spelling out

such 'requirements'

Auditors neither make rules, nor enforce them.
All they can do is report.

A lot of people ascribe too much power to an auditor.

Perhaps, but auditors have indirect powers. I can request detail records, summary data, and other time consuming minutiae to the point were no real work gets done. While I do my best to avoid unnecessary requests, the possibility lurks.....

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, VT