>This is only a wish.

In North America, it's more than a wish.
It's a requirement.

>Focusing on mainframe shops I've got to admit, very
often there is no position even for auditor, so "auditor role" is maintained by
...security administrator.

This is relevant to all organisations, not just mainframe shops.

>Separate auditor, even external, hired just for few days is only a wish. BTDT.

It's only a wish that I don't embezzle money from my company?

>Sometimes this "admin/auditor" is also responsible for many other things.

As long as creation/reporting/enforcement are not all done by the same people,
other things are allowed.

>Creating standards by auditor sounds obvious in such scenario.

Not if you follow the principles of "separation of duty", which has many
reasons for existance!
Do you allow the guy who wrote the programmme promote it to production?
Or, do you separate the duties?

-
-teD

300,000 Kilometres per Second